Thursday, May 28, 2009

How my ribs got broken, you choose.

VERSION A:

So there I was pal-ing around with Palin, and I started in on why Alaska isn't more proactive in recycling. Next thing I know she crosses her arms in a secret, obviously pre-arranged signal and one of her big burly state trooper bodyguards snuck up behind me and sucker punched me in the ribs with some brass knuckles. As I fell to the ground, John, who was my backup and photog, dropped his cell phone in a cup of water or he would have totally taken the guy out. Good news is the Xrays only show one shattered rib, one cracked rib and a few contusions that give the northern lights a run for their money.



VERSION B:

So there I was hanging around with John, when he gets the Great Idea to run up this little trail to the top of Rainbow Falls. Usually a leisurly hike of 5 hours round trip, we cut it back to just over two hours, so had a solid hour and a half of running up stairs, then 45 minutes of hopping down. These are out of code stairs built by some sadistic conservation corp engineer. After that we ran down to the boat yard and proceeded to tarp and tape off the top of the "Fidelia" 45 feet in the air, build scaffolding, scrape paint, then to top it off, use sledge hammers and grinders to replace some bolts and zincs up under the hull, repaint the rudder, and remove and replace the prop zinc (using cement to hold it in) on the propeller nut. When you have wobbly legs in the first place, it is not a good idea to climb all around, jumping from one creaky scaffolding to another, you are bound to fall down at some point.

2 comments:

Kyson and Kodi said...

I like the Sarah Palin story a lot better. I think you could write a book about it. Haha. I hope you get back to home safe. I will talk to you tomorrow. I am going crazy I am not doing so great on the bed rest thing. To much to do.

The Motts said...

haha... i thought my mom was joking when she told me you fell and broke your ribs... guess not! I know some great eye foot cordination(sp?) drills we can do when your in Snowflake!