Saturday, October 24, 2009

Been hitting the road quite a bit. Had to shut down the Baraboo plant so anyone who wanted a Circus World souvenir, too late for that.

I shipped the production lines to Tijuana because I could not find any people in the US that would work for 15 bucks per hour. Seems as though it is more fun to collect 240 bucks a week and spend most of it on beer and cigarettes (because milk, cheese, juice, cereal, and frozen pizza and hot wings can be paid for with food stamps).

I have five or six guys following me around thinking that girls should not touch things like an extruder a cut off saw, or maybe a lathe. The bathroom is decorated in total “oblivious guy”, meaning it looks like the step above the minimum a guy needs to pee (which would be an empty beer can). I am just happy to have running water, even though I have to reach down around the toilet and turn it on to flush. There is even a shower!! With a non absorbent t-shirt that has been hanging there for months for a towel!!

I tried to accommodate the machismos and not step on the guys toes when I pushed them aside to make adjustments to the equipment. Otherwise it would take several days to do instead of 2 hours. I just tell them that if they knew how to use the equipment with more skill than I, then I would be happy to relinquish the position. But in broken techno-spanglish. I have two guys who speak English very well, but they happen to be the less senior, so the macho older guys don’t pay any attention to them. We got all the equipment hooked up and running because I
had to get spanky with them, otherwise it would have taken many many more days.

We have way cool electrical hook ups, but the best is where I stop for breakfast every day. I drive to the Otay Mesa border crossing, walk across the border, get a taco from this taco stand, (owned by Marco) for forty cents, then I wait for my driver to pick me up and then drive 3 miles to the factory. Another taco truck comes by to serve me lunch. I am happy.


2 comments:

The Motts said...

haha GHETTO!.. that is all i have to say!.. oh and SCARRY!

Long Ears Ranch said...

Jen, I knew you were just off having fun while I babysit Elsie! At least no one slips up on me and I know she will scare the buggers away. Mom